- [noun] a relationship between two lovers
Synonyms: love affair
- [noun] an exciting and mysterious quality (as of a heroic time or adventure)
- [noun] the group of languages derived from Latin
Synonyms: Romance, Romance language, Latinian language
- [noun] a story dealing with love
Synonyms: love story
- [noun] a novel dealing with idealized events remote from everyday life
- [verb] make amorous advances towards; "John is courting Mary"
Synonyms: woo, court, solicit
- [verb] have a love affair with
- [verb] talk or behave amorously, without serious intentions; "The guys always try to chat up the new secretaries"; "My husband never flirts with other women"
Synonyms: chat up, flirt, dally, butterfly, coquet, coquette, philander, mash
- [verb] tell romantic or exaggerated lies; "This author romanced his trip to an exotic country"
- [adjective] relating to languages derived from Latin; "Romance languages"
Synonyms: Romance, Latin