- [noun] an arrangement of objects or people side by side in a line; "a row of chairs"
- [noun] an angry dispute; "they had a quarrel"; "they had words"
Synonyms: quarrel, wrangle, words, run-in, dustup
- [noun] a long continuous strip (usually running horizontally); "a mackerel sky filled with rows of clouds"; "rows of barbed wire protected the trenches"
- [noun] (construction) a layer of masonry; "a course of bricks"
- [noun] a linear array of numbers side by side
- [noun] a continuous chronological succession without an interruption; "they won the championship three years in a row"
- [noun] the act of rowing as a sport
- [verb] propel with oars; "row the boat across the lake"
affray, altercation, fracas
bicker, bickering, spat, tiff, squabble, pettifoggery, fuss
damp-proof course, damp course
row of bricks