- [noun] an unforeseen obstacle
Synonyms: hang-up, hitch, snag
- [noun] the act of rubbing or wiping; "he gave the hood a quick rub"
- [verb] move over something with pressure; "rub my hands"; "rub oil into her skin"
- [verb] cause friction; "my sweater scratches"
Synonyms: fray, fret, chafe, scratch
- [verb] scrape or rub as if to relieve itching; "Don't scratch your insect bites!"
Synonyms: scratch, itch
- Search for synonyms for RUB
- puree, strain
- sponge down, sponge off
- scrub, scour
- scour, abrade
- smear, blur, smudge, smutch
- scrape, grate
- wipe, pass over