- [noun] latex from trees (especially trees of the genera Hevea and Ficus)
Synonyms: India gum elastic, caoutchouc
- [noun] an eraser made of rubber (or of a synthetic material with properties similar to rubber); commonly mounted at one end of a pencil
Synonyms: eraser, pencil eraser
- [noun] contraceptive device consisting of a thin rubber or latex sheath worn over the penis during intercourse
Synonyms: condom, safety, safe, prophylactic
- [noun] a waterproof overshoe that protects shoes from water or snow
Synonyms: arctic, galosh, golosh, gumshoe
- [verb] coat or impregnate with rubber; "rubberize fabric for rain coats"
Synonyms: ize, ise
- [adjective] made of rubber and therefore water-repellent; "rubber boots"
Synonyms: ized, ised
- [adjective] returned for lack of funds; "a rubber check"; "a no-good check"