- [noun] a share of something; "a slice of the company's revenue"
- [noun] a serving that has been cut from a larger portion; "a piece of pie"; "a slice of bread"
- [noun] a wound made by cutting; "he put a bandage over the cut"
Synonyms: cut, gash, slash
- [noun] a golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer; "he took lessons to cure his slicing"
Synonyms: fade, slicing
- [noun] a thin flat piece cut off of some object
- [noun] a spatula for spreading paint or ink
- [verb] make a clean cut through; "slit her throat"
- [verb] hit a ball and put a spin on it so that it travels in a different direction
- [verb] cut into slices; "Slice the salami, please"
- [verb] hit a ball so that it causes a backspin