- [noun] a sharp protuberance
- [noun] a dead tree that is still standing, usually in an undisturbed forest; "a snag can provide food and a habitat for insects and birds"
- [noun] an opening made forcibly as by pulling apart; "there was a rip in his pants"; "she had snags in her stockings"
Synonyms: rip, rent, split, tear
- [noun] an unforeseen obstacle
Synonyms: hang-up, hitch, rub
- [verb] catch on a snag; "I snagged my stocking"
- [verb] get by acting quickly and smartly; "snag a bargain"
- [verb] hew jaggedly