- [noun] a disrespectful laugh
Synonyms: snicker, snigger
- [noun] a cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt
Synonyms: boo, hoot, Bronx cheer, hiss, raspberry, razzing, bird
- [verb] indicate contempt by breathing noisily and forcefully through the nose; "she snorted her disapproval of the proposed bridegroom"
- [verb] make a snorting sound by exhaling hard; "The critic snorted contemtuously"
- [verb] inhale recreational drugs
- [verb] inhale through the nose
Synonyms: take a hit
- [verb] ingest through the nose; "The drug addict was snorting cocaine every night"