- [noun] a quarrel about petty points
Synonyms: bicker, bickering, tiff, squabble, pettifoggery, fuss
- [noun] a cloth covering (a legging) that provides covering for the instep and ankles
- [noun] a young oyster or other bivalve
- [verb] come down like raindrops; "Bullets were spatting down on us"
- [verb] become permanently attached; "mollusks or oysters spat"
- [verb] strike with a sound like that of falling rain; "Bullets were spatting the leaves"
- [verb] clap one's hands or shout after performances to indicate approval
Synonyms: applaud, clap, acclaim
- [verb] engage in a brief and petty quarrel
- [verb] spawn; "oysters spat"
- [verb] clap one's hands together; "The children were clapping to the music"