- [noun] a narrow strip of land that juts out into the sea
- [noun] a clear liquid secreted into the mouth by the salivary glands and mucous glands of the mouth; moistens the mouth and starts the digestion of starches
Synonyms: saliva, tle
- [noun] a skewer for holding meat over a fire
- [noun] the act of spitting (forcefully expelling saliva)
Synonyms: ting, expectoration
- [verb] expel or eject (saliva or phlegm or sputum) from the mouth; "The father of the victim spat at the alleged murderer"
Synonyms: ptyalize, ptyalise, spew, spue
- [verb] utter with anger or contempt
- [verb] rain gently; "It has only sprinkled, but the roads are slick"
Synonyms: sprinkle, spatter, patter, pitter-patter
- [verb] drive a skewer through; "skewer the meat for the BBQ"