- [noun] a junction where two things (as paper or film or magnetic tape) have been joined together; "the break was due to an imperfect splice"
- [noun] joint made by overlapping two ends and joining them together
Synonyms: lap joint
- [verb] join the ends of; "splice film"
- [verb] perform a marriage ceremony; "The minister married us on Saturday"; "We were wed the following week"; "The couple got spliced on Hawaii"
Synonyms: marry, wed, tie
- [verb] join together so as to form new genetic combinations; "splice genes"
- [verb] join by interweaving strands; "Splice the wires"