- [noun] an edible tuber native to South America; a staple food of Ireland
Synonyms: potato, white potato, Irish potato, murphy, tater
- [noun] a sharp hand shovel for digging out roots and weeds
- [verb] initiate onsite drilling operations, as for petroleum; "The well was spudded in April"
- [verb] produce buds, branches, or germinate; "the potatoes sprouted"
Synonyms: shoot, germinate, pullulate, bourgeon, burgeon forth, sprout
- Search for synonyms for SPUD
- baked potato
- french fries, french-fried potatoes, fries
- home fries, home-fried potatoes
- mashed potato
- Uruguay potato