- [noun] material consisting of seed coverings and small pieces of stem or leaves that have been separated from the seeds
Synonyms: chaff, husk, shuck, straw, stubble
- [noun] a slender or elongated structure that supports a plant or fungus or a plant part or plant organ
- [noun] a hunt for game carried on by stalking or waiting in ambush
Synonyms: ing, still hunt
- [noun] the act of following prey stealthily
- [noun] a stiff or threatening gait
Synonyms: angry walk
- [verb] walk stiffly
- [verb] follow stealthily or recur constantly and spontaneously to; "her ex-boyfriend stalked her"; "the ghost of her mother haunted her"
- [verb] go through (an area) in search of prey; "stalk the woods for deer"
rhizome, rootstock, rootstalk
cladode, cladophyll, phylloclad, phylloclade
scape, flower stalk
trunk, tree trunk, bole