- [noun] a compartment in a stable where a single animal is confined and fed
- [noun] small area set off by walls for special use
Synonyms: booth, cubicle, kiosk
- [noun] a booth where articles are displayed for sale
Synonyms: stand, sales booth
- [noun] a malfunction in the flight of an aircraft in which there is a sudden loss of lift that results in a downward plunge; "the plane went into a stall and I couldn't control it"
- [noun] small individual study area in a library
Synonyms: carrel, carrell, cubicle
- [noun] a tactic used to mislead or delay
- [verb] postpone doing what one should be doing; "He did not want to write the letter and procrastinated for days"
Synonyms: procrastinate, drag one's feet, drag one's heels, shillyshally, dilly-dally, dillydally
- [verb] come to a stop; "The car stalled in the driveway"
- [verb] deliberately delay an event or action; "she doesn't want to write the report, so she is stalling"
- [verb] put into, or keep in, a stall; "Stall the horse"
- [verb] experience a stall in flight, of airplanes
- [verb] cause an airplane to go into a stall
- [verb] cause an engine to stop; "The inexperienced driver kept stalling the car"