- [verb] offer to buy, as of stocks and shares; "The broker subscribed 500 shares"
- [verb] mark with one's signature; write one's name (on); "She signed the letter and sent it off"; "Please sign here"
- [verb] adopt as a belief; "I subscribe to your view on abortion"
- [verb] pay (an amount of money) as a contribution to a charity or service, especially at regular intervals; "I pledged $10 a month to my favorite radio station"
- [verb] receive or obtain by regular payment; "We take the Times every day"
Synonyms: to, take