- [noun] an act of narration; "he was the hero according to his own relation"; "his endless recounting of the incident eventually became unbearable"
Synonyms: relation, recounting
- [noun] informing by words
Synonyms: apprisal, notification
- [noun] disclosing information or giving evidence about another
Synonyms: tattle, singing
- [adjective] disclosing unintentionally; "a telling smile"; "a telltale panel of lights"; "a telltale patch of oil on the water marked where the boat went down"
Synonyms: revealing, telltale
- [adjective] powerfully persuasive; "a cogent argument"; "a telling presentation"; "a weighty argument"
Synonyms: cogent, weighty
- [adjective] producing a strong effect; "gave an impressive performance as Othello"; "a telling gesture"