- [noun] a homeless child who has been abandoned and roams the streets
Synonyms: street arab, gamin
- [noun] an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution; "he mailed the circular to all subscribers"
Synonyms: circular, handbill, bill, broadside, broadsheet, flier, flyer
- [noun] words spoken in a casual way with conscious under-emphasis
- [adjective] thrown away; "wearing someone's cast-off clothes"; "throwaway children living on the streets"; "salvaged some thrown-away furniture"
Synonyms: cast-off, discarded, thrown-away
- [adjective] intended to be thrown away after use; "throwaway diapers"