- [noun] a cunning or deceitful action or device; "he played a trick on me"; "he pulled a fast one and got away with it"
Synonyms: fast one
- [noun] a period of work or duty
- [noun] an attempt to get you to do something foolish or imprudent; "that offer was a dirty trick"
- [noun] a ludicrous or grotesque act done for fun and amusement
Synonyms: antic, joke, prank, caper, put-on
- [noun] an illusory feat; considered magical by naive observers
Synonyms: magic conjuring magic, legerdemain, conjuration, illusion, deception
- [verb] deceive somebody; "We tricked the teacher into thinking that class would be cancelled next week"
Synonyms: fob, fox, pull a fast one on, play a on