- [noun] a man's sleeveless garment worn underneath a coat
- [noun] a collarless men's undergarment for the upper part of the body
Synonyms: singlet, undershirt
- [verb] provide with power and authority; "They vested the council with special rights"
- [verb] place (authority, property, or rights) in the control of a person or group of persons; "She vested her vast fortune in her two sons"
- [verb] become legally vested; "The property vests in the trustees"
- [verb] clothe oneself in ecclesiastical garments
- [verb] clothe formally; especially in ecclesiastical robes