- [verb] consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning; "analyze a sonnet by Shakespeare"; "analyze the evidence in a criminal trial"; "analyze your real motives"
Synonyms: analyse, study, examine, canvass, canvas
- [verb] make a mathematical, chemical, or grammatical analysis of; break down into components or essential features; "analyze a specimen"; "analyze a sentence"; "analyze a chemical compound"
Synonyms: analyse, break down, dissect, take apart
- [verb] break down into components or essential features; "analyze today's financial market"
- [verb] subject to psychoanalytic treatment; "I was analyzed in Vienna by a famous psychiatrist"
Synonyms: analyse, psychopsychoanalyse
- diagnose, name
- survey, appraise
- check, check up on, look into, check out, suss out, check over, go over, check into
- review, reexamine
- audit, scrutinize, scrutinise, inspect
- trace, follow
- investigate, look into
- sieve, sift
- view, consider, look at
- botanize, botanise
- factor analyse, factor analyze