- [noun] a human limb; technically the part of the superior limb between the shoulder and the elbow but commonly used to refer to the whole superior limb
- [noun] any instrument or instrumentality used in fighting or hunting; "he was licensed to carry a weapon"
Synonyms: weapon, weapon system
- [noun] an administrative division of some larger or more complex organization; "a branch of Congress"
Synonyms: branch, subdivision
- [noun] any projection that is thought to resemble an arm; "the arm of the record player"; "an arm of the sea"; "a branch of the sewer"
Synonyms: branch, limb
- [noun] the part of an armchair or sofa that supports the elbow and forearm of a seated person
- [noun] the part of a garment that is attached at armhole and provides a cloth covering for the arm
- [verb] prepare oneself for a military confrontation; "The U.S. is girding for a conflict in the Middle East"; "troops are building up on the Iraqui border"
Synonyms: build up, fortify, gird
- [verb] supply with arms; "The U.S. armed the freedom fighters in Afghanistan"
- rearm, re-arm
- bow and arrow
- brass knucks, knucks, brass knuckles, knuckles, knuckle duster
- fire ship
- projectile, missile
- spear, lance, shaft
- stun gun, stun baton
- sword, blade, brand, steel
- tomahawk, hatchet
- weapon of mass destruction, WMD, W.M.D.
- Greek fire
- post office, local post office
- executive branch, Executive Office of the President
- legislative branch
- judicial branch
- writing arm
- dolman sleeve
- long sleeve
- raglan sleeve
- short sleeve