- [noun] an accusation that you are responsible for some lapse or misdeed; "his incrimination was based on my testimony"; "the police laid the blame on on the driver"
Synonyms: incrimination, inculpation
- [noun] a reproach for some lapse or misdeed; "he took the blame for it"; "it was a bum rap"
- [verb] put or pin the blame on
- [verb] harass with constant criticism; "Don't always pick on your little brother"
Synonyms: find fault, pick
- [verb] attribute responsibility to; "We blamed the accident on her"; "The tragedy was charged to her inexperience"
- [adjective] expletives used informally as intensifiers; "he's a blasted idiot"; "it's a blamed shame"; "a blame cold winter"; "not a blessed dime"; "I'll be damned (or blessed or darned or goddamned) if I'll do any such thing"; "he's a damn (or goddam or goddamned) fool"; "a deuced idiot"; "tired or his everlasting whimpering"; "an infernal nuisance"
Synonyms: blasted, blessed, damn, damned, darned, deuced, everlasting, goddam, goddamn, goddamned, infernal