- [adjective] highly favored or fortunate (as e.g. by divine grace); "our blessed land"; "the blessed assurance of a steady income"
- [adjective] worthy of worship; "the Blessed Trinity"
- [adjective] expletives used informally as intensifiers; "he's a blasted idiot"; "it's a blamed shame"; "a blame cold winter"; "not a blessed dime"; "I'll be damned (or blessed or darned or goddamned) if I'll do any such thing"; "he's a damn (or goddam or goddamned) fool"; "a deuced idiot"; "tired or his everlasting whimpering"; "an infernal nuisance"
Synonyms: blasted, blame, blamed, damn, damned, darned, deuced, everlasting, goddam, goddamn, goddamned, infernal
- [adjective] Roman Catholic; proclaimed one of the blessed and thus worthy of veneration
- [adjective] enjoying the bliss of heaven
- [adjective] characterized by happiness and good fortune; "a blessed time"
- [adjective] having good fortune bestowed or conferred upon; sometimes used as in combination; "blessed with a strong healthy body"; "a nation blessed with peace"; "a peace-blessed era"
Synonyms: with, endued with