- [verb] cause to explode; "We exploded the nuclear bomb"
Synonyms: explode, detonate, set off
- [verb] make large; "blow up an image"
Synonyms: enlarge, magnify
- [verb] get very angry and fly into a rage; "The professor combusted when the student didn't know the answer to a very elementary question"; "Spam makes me go ballistic"
Synonyms: flip one's lid, throw a fit, hit the roof, hit the ceiling, have kittens, have a fit, combust, blow one's stack, fly off the handle, flip one's wig, lose one's temper, blow a fuse, go ballistic
- [verb] add details to
Synonyms: embroider, pad, lard, embellish, aggrandize, aggrandise, dramatize, dramatise
- [verb] exaggerate or make bigger; "The charges were inflated"
Synonyms: inflate, expand, amplify
- [verb] fill with gas or air; "inflate a balloons"
- [verb] to swell or cause to enlarge, "Her faced puffed up from the drugs"
Synonyms: puff, puff up, puff out