- [noun] an electrical device that provides a path for electrical current to flow
Synonyms: electrical electric
- [noun] a journey or route all the way around a particular place or area; "they took an extended tour of Europe"; "we took a quick circuit of the park"; "a ten-day coach circuit of the island"
- [noun] an established itinerary of venues or events that a particular group of people travel to; "she's a familiar name on the club circuit"; "on the lecture circuit"; "the judge makes a circuit of the courts in his district"; "the international tennis circuit"
- [noun] (law) a judicial division of a state or the United States (so-called because originally judges traveled and held court in different locations); one of the twelve groups of states in the United States that is covered by a particular circuit court of appeals
- [noun] a racetrack for automobile races
- [noun] movement once around a course; "he drove an extra lap just for insurance"
Synonyms: lap, circle
- [verb] make a circuit; "They were circuiting about the state"
- bridge, bridge circuit
- closed circuit, loop
- computer circuit
- delay line
- feedback circuit, feedback loop
- limiter, clipper
- link, data link
- open circuit
- pulse timing circuit
- resonator, resonant circuit
- series circuit
- squelch circuit, squelch, squelcher
- tank circuit
- grand tour
- package tour, package holiday
- pub crawl
- whistle-stop tour
- pace lap
- victory lap, lap of honour