- [noun] a small room (or recess) or cabinet used for storage space
- [noun] a toilet in England
Synonyms: water W.C., loo
- [noun] a tall piece of furniture that provides storage space for clothes; has a door and rails or hooks for hanging clothes
Synonyms: wardrobe, press
- [noun] a small private room for study or prayer
- [verb] confine to a small space, as for intensive work
- [adjective] (of information) given in confidence or in secret; "closet information"; "this arrangement must be kept confidential"; "their secret communications"
Synonyms: confidential, secret
- [adjective] indulging only covertly; "a closet alcoholic"; "closet liberals"