- [noun] a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles
Synonyms: coil, whorl, roll, icue, ringlet, gyre, scroll
- [noun] American chemist who with Richard Smalley and Harold Kroto discovered fullerenes and opened a new branch of chemistry (born in 1933)
Synonyms: Curl, Robert Curl, Robert F. Curl, Robert Floyd Curl Jr.
- [noun] a strand or cluster of hair
Synonyms: lock, ringlet, whorl
- [verb] form a curl, curve, or kink; "the cigar smoke curled up at the ceiling"
Synonyms: curve, kink
- [verb] shape one's body into a curl; "She curled farther down under the covers"; "She fell and drew in"
Synonyms: up, draw in
- [verb] wind around something in coils or loops
Synonyms: coil, loop
- [verb] twist or roll into coils or ringlets; "curl my hair, please"
- [verb] play the Scottish game of curling