- [verb] delete or remove; "Cut out the extra text"; "cut out the newspaper article"
- [verb] form and create by cutting out; "Picasso cut out a piece of paper in the shape of a guitar"
- [verb] cut off and stop; "The bicyclist was cut out by the van"
Synonyms: cut off
- [verb] strike or cancel by or as if by rubbing or crossing out; "scratch out my name on that list"
Synonyms: scratch out
- [verb] intercept (a player)
Synonyms: cut down
- [verb] cease operating; "The pump suddenly cut out"
- [adjective] having been cut out; "the cut-out pieces of the dress"