- [verb] make a break in; "We interrupt the program for the following messages"
Synonyms: interrupt, disrupt, break up
- [verb] cease, stop; "cut the noise"; "We had to cut short the conversation"
- [verb] remove by or as if by cutting; "cut off the ear"; "lop off the dead branch"
Synonyms: chop off, lop off
- [verb] cut off and stop; "The bicyclist was cut out by the van"
Synonyms: cut out
- [verb] break a small piece off from; "chip the glass"; "chip a tooth"
Synonyms: chip, knap, break off
- [verb] remove surgically; "amputate limbs"
- [adjective] detached by cutting; "cut flowers"; "a severed head"; "an old tale of Anne Bolyn walking the castle walls with her poor cut-off head under her arm"
cut, cut off
pause, intermit, break
chime in, cut in, put in, butt in, chisel in, barge in, break in
burst in on, burst upon
interject, come in, interpose, put in, throw in, inject
stop, stop over
take off, take time off