- [noun] a small fragment of something broken off from the whole; "a bit of rock caught him in the eye"
Synonyms: bit, flake, fleck, scrap
- [noun] a triangular wooden float attached to the end of a log line
- [noun] a piece of dried bovine dung
Synonyms: cow cow dung, buffalo
- [noun] a thin crisp slice of potato fried in deep fat
Synonyms: crisp, potato Saratoga
- [noun] a mark left after a small piece has been chopped or broken off of something
- [noun] a small disk-shaped counter used to represent money when gambling
- [noun] electronic equipment consisting of a small crystal of a silicon semiconductor fabricated to carry out a number of electronic functions in an integrated circuit
Synonyms: micromicro silicon
- [noun] a low running approach shot
- [noun] the act of chipping something
Synonyms: ping, splintering
- [verb] break off (a piece from a whole); "Her tooth chipped"
Synonyms: off, come off, break away, break off
- [verb] cut a nick into
- [verb] play a chip shot
- [verb] form by chipping; "They chipped their names in the stone"
- [verb] break a small piece off from; "chip the glass"; "chip a tooth"
Synonyms: knap, cut off, break off