- [verb] make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
Synonyms: adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- [verb] be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
Synonyms: deck, adorn, grace, embellish, beautify
- [verb] award a mark of honor, as a medal, to
- [verb] provide with decoration; "dress the windows"
- encrust, incrust, beset
- embroider, broider
- fledge, flight
- spangle, bespangle
- caparison, bard, dress up
- gild the lily, paint the lily
- tart up
- bejewel, jewel
- fillet, filet
- dress ship
- trim, garnish, dress
- deck, bedight, bedeck
- gild, begild, engild
- emblazon, blazon
- color, colour, emblazon