- [verb] decrease in size, extent, or range; "The amount of homework decreased towards the end of the semester"; "The cabin pressure fell dramatically"; "her weight fall to under a hundred pounds"; "his voice fell to a whisper"
Synonyms: decrease, lessen, fall
- [verb] lessen the authority, dignity, or reputation of; "don't belittle your colleagues"
- shrink, shrivel
- drop off
- vanish, fly, vaporize
- ease up, ease off, slacken off, flag
- boil down, reduce, decoct, concentrate
- shrink, contract
- shrivel, shrivel up, shrink, wither
- abate, let up, slack off, slack, die away
- dwindle, dwindle away, dwindle down
- depreciate, undervalue, devaluate, devalue
- thin out
- decline, go down, wane
- decelerate, slow, slow down, slow up, retard