- [verb] force to leave (an office)
- [verb] terminate the employment of; "The boss fired his secretary today"; "The company terminated 25% of its workers"
Synonyms: fire, give notice, can, dismiss, give the axe, send away, sack, give the sack, terminate
- [verb] force or drive out; "The police routed them out of bed at 2 A.M."
Synonyms: rout out, drive out, rouse
- [verb] force to move; "the refugees were displaced by the war"
- [verb] expel from one's property or force to move out by a legal process; "The landlord evicted the tenants after they had not paid the rent for four months"
- [verb] cause to come out in a squirt; "the boy squirted water at his little sister"
Synonyms: squirt, squeeze out, eject
- [verb] force with the thumb; "gouge out his eyes"
- [verb] emit with force of effort; "force out the air"