- [noun] a member of the ancient Germanic peoples who spread from the Rhine into the Roman Empire in the 4th century
- [noun] a smooth-textured sausage of minced beef or pork usually smoked; often served on a bread roll
Synonyms: furter, hotdog, hot dog, dog, wiener, wienerwurst, weenie
- [verb] stamp with a postmark to indicate date and time of mailing
- [verb] exempt by means of an official pass or letter, as from customs or other checks
- [adjective] characterized by directness in manner or speech; without subtlety or evasion; "blunt talking and straight shooting"; "a blunt New England farmer"; "I gave them my candid opinion"; "forthright criticism"; "a forthright approach to the problem"; "tell me what you think
Synonyms: blunt, candid, forthright, free-spoken, outspoken, plainspoken, point-blank, straight-from-the-shoulder
- [adjective] clearly manifest; evident; "frank enjoyment"