- [verb] finish a task completely; "I finally got through this homework assignment"
Synonyms: wrap up, finish off, mop up, polish off, clear up, finish up
- [verb] spend or pass, as with boredom or in a pleasant manner; of time
Synonyms: while away
- [verb] succeed in reaching a real or abstract destination after overcoming problems; "We finally got through the bureaucracy and could talk to the Minister"
Synonyms: come through
- [verb] be in or establish communication with; "Our advertisements reach millions"; "He never contacted his children after he emigrated to Australia"
Synonyms: reach, get hold of, contact
- [verb] become clear or enter one's consciousness or emotions; "It dawned on him that she had betrayed him"; "she was penetrated with sorrow"
Synonyms: click, dawn, come home, get across, sink in, penetrate, fall into place