- [noun] a short light metallic sound
Synonyms: chink, clink
- [noun] depression of a button on a computer mouse; "a click on the right button for example"
- [noun] a stop consonant made by the suction of air into the mouth (as in Bantu)
Synonyms: suction stop
- [noun] a hinged catch that fits into a notch of a ratchet to move a wheel forward or prevent it from moving backward
Synonyms: pawl, detent, dog
- [verb] move or strike with a noise; "he clicked on the light"; "his arm was snapped forward"
- [verb] make a clicking or ticking sound; "The clock ticked away"
- [verb] click repeatedly or uncontrollably; "Chattering teeth"
- [verb] cause to make a snapping sound; "snap your fingers"
Synonyms: snap, flick
- [verb] produce a click; "Xhosa speakers click"
- [verb] make a clucking sounds, characteristic of hens
Synonyms: cluck, clack
- [verb] become clear or enter one's consciousness or emotions; "It dawned on him that she had betrayed him"; "she was penetrated with sorrow"
Synonyms: get through, dawn, come home, get across, sink in, penetrate, fall into place