- [noun] dense growth of hairs covering the body or parts of it (as on the human head); helps prevent heat loss; "he combed his hair"
- [noun] a very small distance or space; "they escaped by a hair's-breadth"; "they lost the election by a whisker"
Synonyms: 's-breadth, sbreadth, whisker
- [noun] filamentous hairlike growth on a plant; "peach fuzz"
Synonyms: fuzz, tomentum
- [noun] any of the cylindrical filaments characteristically growing from the epidermis of a mammal; "there is a hair in my soup"
- [noun] cloth woven from horsehair or camelhair; used for upholstery or stiffening in garments
- [noun] a filamentous projection or process on an organism
- coat, pelage
- guard hair
- forelock, foretop
- body hair
- down, pile
- mane, head of hair
- hairdo, hair style, coiffure
- lock, curl, ringlet, whorl
- beard, face fungus, whiskers
- mustache, moustache
- pubic hair, bush, crotch hair
- eyebrow, brow, supercilium
- eyelash, lash, cilium
- stinging hair
- ingrown hair
- whisker, vibrissa, sensory hair