- [noun] the condition of being unable to perform as a consequence of physical or mental unfitness; "reading disability"; "hearing impairment"
Synonyms: disability, disablement, impairment
- [noun] advantage given to a competitor to equalize chances of winning
- [noun] something immaterial that interferes with or delays action or progress
Synonyms: hindrance, deterrent, impediment, balk, baulk, check
- [verb] injure permanently; "He was disabled in a car accident"
Synonyms: disable, invalid, incapacitate
- [verb] attempt to forecast the winner (especially in a horse race) and assign odds for or against a contestant
- [verb] put at a disadvantage; "The brace I have to wear is hindering my movements"
Synonyms: hinder, hamper
- bowleg, genu varum, tibia vara
- disability of walking
- hearing impairment, hearing disorder
- visual impairment, visual defect, vision defect, visual disorder
- prolapse, prolapsus, descensus
- hypoesthesia, hypesthesia
- knock-knee, genu valgum, tibia valga
- pigeon toes
- bow leg, bow legs, bandy legs
- albatross, millstone
- obstacle, obstruction