- [noun] something that hinders as if with bonds
- [verb] stick to firmly; "Will this wallpaper adhere to the wall?"
Synonyms: adhere, hold fast, bond, stick, stick to
- [verb] create social or emotional ties; "The grandparents want to bond with the child"
Synonyms: tie, attach, bond
- [verb] make fast; tie or secure, with or as if with a rope; "The Chinese would bind the feet of their women"
- [verb] wrap around with something so as to cover or enclose
- [verb] secure with or as if with ropes; "tie down the prisoners"; "tie up the old newspapes and bring them to the recycling shed"
Synonyms: tie down, tie up, truss
- [verb] bind by an obligation; cause to be indebted; "He's held by a contract"; "I'll hold you by your promise"
Synonyms: oblige, hold, obligate
- [verb] form a chemical bond with; "The hydrogen binds the oxygen"
- [verb] provide with a binding; "bind the books in leather"
- [verb] fasten or secure with a rope, string, or cord; "They tied their victim to the chair"
- [verb] cause to be constipated; "These foods tend to constipate you"
- chain up
faggot, fagot, faggot up
- tie down
tie up, bind off
- lash together
lace, lace up