- [noun] the bottom of a shoe or boot; the back part of a shoe or boot that touches the ground
- [noun] the back part of the human foot
- [noun] someone who is morally reprehensible; "you dirty dog"
Synonyms: cad, bounder, blackguard, dog, hound
- [noun] one of the crusty ends of a loaf of bread
- [noun] the lower end of a ship's mast
- [noun] (golf) the part of the clubhead where it joins the shaft
- [noun] the piece of leather that fits the heel
- [verb] tilt to one side; "The balloon heeled over"; "the wind made the vessel heel"; "The ship listed to starboard"
- [verb] follow at the heels of a person
- [verb] perform with the heels; "heel that dance"
- [verb] strike with the heel of the club; "heel a golf ball"
- [verb] put a new heel on; "heel shoes"