- [noun] any of several breeds of dog used for hunting typically having large drooping ears
- [noun] someone who is morally reprehensible; "you dirty dog"
Synonyms: cad, bounder, blackguard, dog, heel
- [verb] pursue or chase relentlessly; "The hunters traced the deer into the woods"; "the detectives hounded the suspect until they found the him"
Synonyms: hunt, trace
- Search for synonyms for HOUND
- Afghan hound, Afghan
- basset, basset hound
- bloodhound, sleuthhound
- Plott hound
- Ibizan hound, Ibizan Podenco
- Norwegian elkhound, elkhound
- otterhound, otter hound
- Saluki, gazelle hound
- Scottish deerhound, deerhound