- [verb] carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface; "engrave a pen"; "engraved the winner's name onto the trophy cup"
Synonyms: engrave, grave
- [verb] register formally as a participant or member; "The party recruited many new members"
Synonyms: enroll, enter, enrol, recruit
- [verb] draw within a figure so as to touch in as many places as possible
- [verb] write, engrave, or print as a lasting record
- [verb] mark with one's signature; "The author autographed his book"
- [verb] convert ordinary language into code; "We should encode the message for security reasons"
Synonyms: encode, code, encipher, cipher, cypher, encrypt, write in code
- [verb] address, as a work of literature, in a style less formal than a dedication