- [verb] heighten or intensify; "These paintings exalt the imagination"
Synonyms: animate, invigorate, enliven, exalt
- [verb] supply the inspiration for; "The article about the artist inspired the exhibition of his recent work"
- [verb] serve as the inciting cause of; "She prompted me to call my relatives"
Synonyms: prompt, instigate
- [verb] urge on or encourage especially by shouts; "The crowd cheered the demonstrating strikers"
Synonyms: cheer, urge, barrack, urge on, exhort, pep up
- [verb] fill with revolutionary ideas
Synonyms: revolutionize, revolutionise
- [verb] draw in (air); "Inhale deeply"; "inhale the fresh mountain air"; "The patient has trouble inspiring"; "The lung cancer patient cannot inspire air very well"
Synonyms: inhale, breathe in