- [noun] a motorboat with an open deck or a half deck
- [noun] the act of propelling with force
- [verb] set up or found; "She set up a literacy program"
Synonyms: establish, set up, found
- [verb] propel with force; "launch the space shuttle"; "Launch a ship"
- [verb] launch for the first time; launch on a maiden voyage; "launch a ship"
- [verb] begin with vigor; "He launched into a long diatribe"; "She plunged into a dangerous adventure"
- [verb] get going; give impetus to; "launch a career"; "Her actions set in motion a complicated judicial process"
Synonyms: set in motion
- [verb] smoothen the surface of; "float plaster"