- [noun] a long and hard-hit fly ball
- [noun] a sudden very loud noise
Synonyms: bang, clap, eruption, loud noise
- [noun] a strong current of air; "the tree was bent almost double by the gust"
Synonyms: gust, blow
- [noun] an explosion (as of dynamite)
- [noun] a highly pleasurable or exciting experience; "we had a good time at the party"; "celebrating after the game was a blast"
Synonyms: good time
- [noun] intense adverse criticism; "Clinton directed his fire at the Republican Party"; "the government has come under attack"; "don't give me any flak"
Synonyms: fire, attack, flak, flack
- [verb] make a strident sound; "She tended to blast when speaking into a microphone"
- [verb] hit hard; "He smashed a 3-run homer"
Synonyms: smash, nail, boom
- [verb] use explosives on; "The enemy has been shelling us all day"