- [noun] a sudden very loud noise
Synonyms: bang, eruption, blast, loud noise
- [noun] a common venereal disease caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae; symptoms are painful urination and pain around the urethra
Synonyms: gonorrhea, gonorrhoea
- [noun] a sharp abrupt noise as if two objects hit together; may be repeated
- [verb] put quickly or forcibly; "The judge clapped him in jail"
- [verb] cause to strike the air in flight; "The big bird clapped its wings"
- [verb] clap one's hands or shout after performances to indicate approval
Synonyms: applaud, spat, acclaim
- [verb] clap one's hands together; "The children were clapping to the music"
- [verb] strike the air in flight; "the wings of the birds clapped loudly"
- [verb] strike with the flat of the hand; usually in a friendly way, as in encouragement or greeting
- [verb] strike together so as to produce a sharp percussive noise; "clap two boards together"