- [noun] an onerous or difficult concern; "the burden of responsibility"; "that's a load off my mind"
Synonyms: load, encumbrance, incumbrance, onus
- [noun] weight to be borne or conveyed
Synonyms: load, loading
- [noun] the central meaning or theme of a speech or literary work
Synonyms: effect, essence, core, gist
- [noun] the central idea that is expanded in a document or discourse
- [verb] weight down with a load
Synonyms: burthen, weight, weight down
- [verb] impose a task upon, assign a responsibility to; "He charged her with cleaning up all the files over the weekend"
Synonyms: charge, saddle