- [noun] a complete failure; "the play was a dismal flop"
- [noun] a sculpture of the head and shoulders of a person
- [noun] an occasion for excessive eating or drinking; "they went on a bust that lasted three days"
Synonyms: tear, binge, bout
- [verb] ruin completely; "He busted my radio!"
- [verb] search without warning, make a sudden surprise attack on; "The police raided the crack house"
- [verb] separate or cause to separate abruptly; "The rope snapped"; "tear the paper"
Synonyms: tear, rupture, snap
- [verb] go to pieces; "The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely"
Synonyms: break, wear, wear out, fall apart
- [verb] break open or apart suddenly and forcefully; "The dam burst"
- [adjective] lacking funds; "`skint' is a British slang term"
Synonyms: broke, skint, stone-broke, stony-broke