- [verb] prevent from being included or considered or accepted; "The bad results were excluded from the report"; "Leave off the top piece"
Synonyms: except, leave out, leave off, omit, take out
- [verb] prevent from entering; shut out; "The trees were shutting out all sunlight"; "This policy excludes people who have a criminal record from entering the country"
Synonyms: keep out, shut out, shut
- [verb] lack or fail to include; "The cost for the trip excludes food and beverages"
- [verb] prevent from entering; keep out; "He was barred from membership in the club"
Synonyms: bar, debar
- [verb] put out or expel from a place; "The child was expelled from the classroom"
Synonyms: expel, eject, chuck out, throw out, kick out, turf out, boot out, turn out