- [noun] an insignificant student who is ridiculed as being affected or studying excessively
Synonyms: swot, nerd, wonk, dweeb
- [noun] hard monotonous routine work
Synonyms: drudgery, plodding, donkeywork
- [noun] the act of grinding to a powder or dust
Synonyms: mill, pulverization, pulverisation
- [verb] press or grind with a crunching noise
Synonyms: crunch, cranch, craunch
- [verb] make a grating or grinding sound by rubbing together; "grate one's teeth in anger"
- [verb] reduce to small pieces or particles by pounding or abrading; "grind the spices in a mortar"; "mash the garlic"
Synonyms: mash, crunch, bray, comminute
- [verb] work hard; "She was digging away at her math homework"; "Lexicographers drudge all day long"
Synonyms: labor, labour, toil, fag, travail, drudge, dig, moil
- [verb] dance by rotating the pelvis in an erotically suggestive way, often while in contact with one's partner such that the dancers' legs are interlaced