- [noun] any physical damage to the body caused by violence or accident or fracture etc.
Synonyms: injury, harm, trauma
- [noun] psychological suffering; "the death of his wife caused him great distress"
Synonyms: distress, suffering
- [noun] feelings of mental or physical pain
- [noun] a damage or loss
- [noun] the act of damaging something or someone
Synonyms: damage, harm, scathe
- [verb] be the source of pain
Synonyms: ache, smart
- [verb] give trouble or pain to; "This exercise will hurt your back"
- [verb] cause emotional anguish or make miserable; "It pains me to see my children not being taught well in school"
Synonyms: pain, anguish
- [verb] cause damage or affect negatively; "Our business was hurt by the new competition"
- [verb] hurt the feelings of; "She hurt me when she did not include me among her guests"; "This remark really bruised me ego"
Synonyms: wound, injure, bruise, offend, spite
- [verb] feel physical pain; "Were you hurting after the accident?"
Synonyms: ache, suffer
- [verb] feel pain or be in pain
- [adjective] suffering from physical injury especially that suffered in battle; "nursing his wounded arm"; "ambulances...for the hurt men and women"
- [adjective] used of inanimate objects or their value
- bite, sting, burn
- act up
- injure, wound
- afflict, trouble, ail, pain
- agonize, agonise
- torment, torture, excruciate, rack
- diss, insult, affront
- humiliate, mortify, chagrin, humble, abase
- catch, get
- prick, sting, twinge
- gag, choke, strangle, suffocate
- starve, hunger, famish
- birth trauma
- blast trauma
- bleeding, hemorrhage, haemorrhage
- blunt trauma
- bruise, contusion
- electric shock
- fracture, break
- frostbite, cryopathy
- penetrating trauma, penetrating injury
- sting, bite, insect bite
- whiplash, whiplash injury
- wale, welt, weal, wheal
- wound, lesion
- wrench, twist, pull
- anguish, torment, torture
- self-torture, self-torment
- agony, torment, torture
- discomfort, soreness, irritation
- defacement, disfigurement, disfiguration
- wound, wounding